For me, knowing what is going into my animals is very important because now days you just do not know anymore. So I took it upon myself to start making their treats myself.
Ingredients you need:
- ½ cup of plain yogurt, you could also add a banana flavored yogurt
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 3 cups of rolled oats
1. Whisk the yogurt and peanut butter until it forms a paste.
2. Add the oats a little at a time to fully coat and avoid any dry spots.
3. Scoop out bite sized pieces and roll into balls.
4. Place on a flat tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Place in the fridge to let chill for an hour and they are ready to serve.
- This mixture makes around 25-50 treats depending on how large you are rolling the treats.
- They can last up to 7-10 days stored in the fridge.
- These tasty puppy treats also double as a tasty granola like treat for yourself and your family as well.
As I continue to expand my knowledge of pet nutrition and what is put into our animals treats and food I am also making more and more things for them myself (I also have been for my family).